Saturday, August 11, 2012

UNLEASHED


Hello World.....

Due to extreme boredome caused by three months of non-stop playing of computer games,    i decided to spend my time in something usefull with rare stuffs. Then i gave myself some modus operandi of what should be done with such a vast amount of time left residued. I cant frame out all complete methods of operation here and nobody cares for it too, nothing came usefull and feasible to be done at my liesure time. Some examples are six packs :-) , short film, novel etc. As turning points give birth to innovations (i accept this is not a big innovation),       i once called my professor for a casual talk about my research and she gave me this idea to start writing a blog in subject of my interest. So the nest question raised was "what is my interest?".

Movies, Games, Books(both fiction & non-fiction)... Yes, but i want it to be useful for atleast one in this universe and i am not a very good critic too, even though this blog will have some of those now and then.

Suddenly a great enlightmnent came in me, my inner conscience scolded me with all sorts of bad words for being such a fool. 

What in this galaxy could be my interest often intriguing me more than my area of research? (you too...  OK enough scolding)

Yes, abiding to words of my conscience, i started to write a blog in my area of research which is 'High Performance Computing'. 

Here i will try my level best to give the fundamentals of all aspects of high performance computing with maximum integrity with which you can rely upon. This blog will be a gateway to HPC world for novice HPC admirers and i try to be informaive enough to HPC geeks. This blog includes
* Fundamental HPC concepts like "whats HPC?"
* Various articles on MPP computers, including articles on members of HPC which constitutes Grid Computing, Cluster Computing and also distributed computing
* Discussions on Computing Architectures. 
* Articles on parallel programming languages of both shared(OpenMP) and distributed(MPI) memory schemes.
* Latest news on whats happening on HPC community.  
* Also various stuffs not listed above which you will find interesting.

Please dont think i am doing this just to fight my boredome(although its true). You can definitely find some usefull information regarding the HPC field.

Since this is a self development approach to reinforce my knowledge over HPC. If you find any information provided here to be erroneous, please inform me by which i take immense pleasure to correct my knownness. Also if you have any doubts in such a vast area of HPC please feel free to share your curiosities for which i will try my level best to satisfy you. Your doubts may also help my research get molded.

I thank my professor Mrs. Sharmila Shankar who inspired this idea to spend time productively.

Enough introductions... The HPC blog of mine is unleashed today.

My First Info:
The image above in this post is comprised of my favourite JAGUAR XT5 supercomputer (HPC is all about high speed computing which is the major  objective of a supercomputer) which is the 3rd fastest computer on earth according to june2011-Top500. Built by Oak Ridge National Labs, it pushes out a maximum power of 1.75 petaflops which is produced from the astonishing number of 224,256 AMD Opteron Cores (normal laptops out in market have a maximum of six hardware cores (Intel i7 extreme edition)... :-). ) operating under 'Cray Linux' (variant of Linux just like ubuntu, crafted specially for supercomputing) environment. 
(Dont worry if you hardly understand anything, if you follow my blog regularly you will understand what those above mysteries are)

No comments:

Post a Comment